Saturday, October 07, 2006

Counter balance

I am quite pathetically pleased with myself. I deleted my visitor panels a few weeks ago after they got squeezed out of the sidebar again, but I really like seeing where people have come from, so today I thought I'd go back to the Neoworx site and try again. I hadn't noticed that you can adjust the width of the panels. I took it down from 200 (mm) to 170, and hey presto! It fits! It's out of date, but that's ok- it's handsome and interesting. I may even remember some of the flags.

Aaand I changed the default colour on my desktop to silver, made a particularly fab photo of Habibi the new desktop image on my laptop and changed the font so that I could read it against the new background. Yay! There were a few hair-raising moments with large print and high contrast (Don't do it! Though it might be good for your Grandad, Trailing Spouse - a black background with monster white letters - Have you seen it?)

It may not be much to you clever people, but I think I might be getting almost competent. Yay again!

7 comments:

Elle said...

Me too Mamaduck. What a sense of accomplishment these tiny additions to our blog give us! I also paid a visit to neoworx I love that counter by country. I can't believe my blog is being read by someone in Turkey and Taiwan. Woopie...I've gone global.

Passionate Dilettante said...

It's lovely, isn't it? I like the new feature that brings up a regional map when the mouse passes over the flag.

Jayne said...

Eh......eh? What am I s'posed to have seen?

Passionate Dilettante said...

Sorry Jin, my mistake. It was Trailing Spouse who blogged about her Grandad back in July. Don't worry, it's my short-term memory loss, not yours!

Jayne said...

Had me worried for a minute there mamaduck!

Anonymous said...

just bloghoppin! I will be relocating to Dubai on the New Year. Hey I am one of the visitors from Japan but it says you've got 5 already...

Passionate Dilettante said...

Hey Grace! You're coming; we're going: that's Dubai!

I started researching Japanese theatre last year, to give my senior students some Noh/Kyogen/Bunraku background to studying Kabuki. They did an adaptation of a kabuki play (Shibaraku!) at the local Japanese school in May, and they're all hooked now!