Saturday, January 13, 2007

Wonderful Dollmakers' Site

I haven't found a dollmaking magazine that I like, but I found the Dollmaker's Journey website for cloth doll patterns and supplies. (No-one makes mere ragdolls anymore!). Out of dozens of designers providing patterns at an average US$10 each, here are just five.



Breadline, by Mary Ann Hull

















La Femme, by Arley Berryhill













Grace, by Delys Brady















Angel in a Wreath, by Jane Coughlan


















PopTops, by Julie McCullough, one of my favourite designers.

















On my wish list, Susanna Oroyan's Anatomy of a Doll: the Fabric Sculptor's Handbook; and one day, when I've worked my way through that, Designing the Doll:from Concept to Construction. I shall look in the library for Patti Medaris Culea's Creative Cloth Doll Faces, which looks like great fun. Patti Culea's doll patterns, and mouthwatering 'stitchery tome' - a 3D sampler course - are also at Dollmaker's Journey.

No comments: