Sunday, January 06, 2008

It's a beautiful day

It is. Another one! January 6th, the feast of the Epiphany, birthday of my godson - and of my grandmother who, my mother used to say, was 'five years older than the year'.



It's 10.30 a.m. so it's possible that every child in Spain has been up for at least four hours, to see what The Kings have brought them. Habibi has just woken up, so I'm going to make us some coffee, and start the day with some roscón de los reyes. We had some last night when we got back from the Cabalgada de los Reyes (The Procession of the Kings), and he assures me that the extremely crunchy thing which he bit down on and swallowed was merely some extremely crunchy sugar, and not a small ceramic toy. I hope so......




Then I'm going to suggest a paseo ..um ..... a walk.... in Retiro in all that gorgeous sunshine, and then I'm going to upload some photos from last night. Gosh, what a busy day ahead! Wheeeeeeeee!

No comments: