Friday, March 21, 2008

Toledo 4 - a grand day out






Did I mention marzipan shops? Note the marzipan Semana Santa penitents (yes, the ones who like mini klansmen). You can buy your marzipan in the shops, or go direct to the convents where the nuns make it. (It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it...)



I couldn't believe it, first that it was possible to reproduce the interior of the Transito Synagogue and one end of the Cathedral in marzipan for a window display, and second, that I didn't take pictures.......

Something for him - a suit of armour perhaps? Maybe a nice sword?

Leaving Toledo: screening baggage.

I don't know. A tourist. English, I think. Nice.
Toledo's authentic Mozarabic railway station. Built 1319. I mean 1913. Very handsome inside, too.
Sigh.........................

1 comment:

Keef said...

You're wrong about that tourist: English blokes don't wear lilac scarves.